Wednesday, January 12, 2011


FIRST POST OF 2011!! Happy LATE New Year!!

I happened to run into this story entitled "Oatmeal Kisses" the other day. With all the excitement/chaos/busy-ness that exist in everyday life it is a good reminder to enjoy all that comes your way!

Oatmeal Kisses

The baby is teething. The children are fighting. My husband just called and said to eat dinner without him.

Okay, one of these days I'll shout: "Why don't you grow up and act your age!" and they will, or "You guys get outside and find yourselves something to do...and don't slam the door!"...and they won't.

I'll straighten up their rooms neat and tidy...bumper stickers discarded...spreads tucked and smooth ... toys displayed on the shelves...hangers in the closet...animals caged, and I'll yell: "Now I want it to stay that way!" and it will...I'll prepare a perfect dinner with a salad that hasn't been picked to death and a cake with no finger traces in it and I'll say, "Now there's a meal for a company." and I'll eat it alone.

I'll say, "I want complete privacy on the phone. No dancing around, no pantomimes, no demolition crews. Silence! Do you hear?"...and I'll have it. No more plastic tablecloths stained with spaghetti, no more anxious nights under a vaporizer tent, no more dandelion bouquets, no more iron-on patches or knotted shoestrings.

Imagine, no babysitter for New Year's Eve, washing clothes only once a week, no P.T.A. meetings, carpools, blaring radios, Christmas presents out of toothpicks and paste. No more wet oatmeal kisses. No more toothfairy giggles in the dark, or knees to heal.

Only my voice crying..."Why don't you grow up?"... and the silence echoing ......."I did."

I hope as we go into an exciting New Year we vow to be a little more patient and a little more forgiving! Enjoy all the surprises life brings to you!

With love, the 2011 Hadley

No comments:

Post a Comment